You can either install IP Login by using the core extension manager available in the Joomla! Administrator Control Panel, or by using the powerful Regular Labs Extension Manager.
Note: When updating IP Login, you do not need to uninstall it first. The package will update all the files automatically.
Keep in mind that when you update to a major new version (or uninstall first), you might lose some configuration settings.
If you have problems installing IP Login, please try the manual installation process as described here: docs.joomla.org/Installing_an_extension
You can either uninstall IP Login by using the core extension manager available in the Joomla! Administrator Control Panel, or by using the powerful Regular Labs Extension Manager.
If you no longer use any Regular Labs extensions, you can also uninstall the Regular Labs Library plugin by using the Joomla! core extension manager.
IP Login will only work correctly if your setup meets these requirements:
- Up-to-date version of Joomla:
- Joomla 3.9.0 or higher
- Joomla 4.0.0 or higher
- Joomla 5.0.0 or higher
- Joomla 3 version: PHP 7.4 or higher
- Joomla 4 & 5 version: PHP 8.1 or higher
- MySQL 5 or higher
Important: I can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the above requirements;
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files that have been altered in any way.
You have access to all previous free versions of all extensions on this website.
If you have a subscription to an extension, you can also download any previous pro version of that extension.
If you do not have a valid subscription, you can download any pro version that is older than 1 year.
You can find old versions on the Download page.
Note: Please note that I am unable to provide support on old versions! (whether you have a subscription or not).
How to Upgrade IP Login from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4
IP Login has a single package that works on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. The correct files will be installed from the same package depending on which version of Joomla you're using.
We have separate Documentation pages for the J3 and J4 versions of IP Login. You can switch to the desired J3/J4 documentation by using the button on the top right corner of this site.
This is the process to upgrade any of the Regular Labs Extensions:
- First, make sure that your Joomla 3 site is updated to the latest Joomla 3.10 release
- On Joomla 3.10, update all the installed Regular Labs Extensions to their latest version
- Upgrade your Joomla 3.10 site to Joomla 4
- Upgrade the PHP version on your server to PHP 8.1 or higher
- Reinstall the latest versions of all the Regular Labs extensions. This will upgrade the extensions to their Joomla 4 counterpart.
If for some reason you need to install an older version, it is best to uninstall the extension first.
You will also have to uninstall the Regular Labs Library system plugin.
After that, you can simply install the older version zip file using the Joomla! installer.
Note: Please note that I am unable to provide support on old versions!